The minimalist card holder 100% adapted to your needs
OUR ALUMINUM WALLET
1. Unlike many metal plate wallets, our product adjusts the pressure automatically: tight when it needs to be closed and loose when it doesn’t need to be via a rolling o-ring mechanism. This allows one to easily open, and not have to work against the tension of the bands while sorting through contents (The rings do not need to be removed to operate the wallet).
2. The system is flexible: multiple sizes from 1 to 3 aluminum plates (A1, A2, A3), allow to carry cash and cards inside or outside of the wallet, and a design that expands to hold contents.
3. Our wallet with 2 full rectangular plates (A3) can block RFID signals (magnetic cards) or activate them by putting the card on the outside of the card holder.
4. The triangle (A2 and A3)allows for quick access to cash. One can also slip frequently used cards under the triangle for super quick access.
5. The design: each line, angle, curve and cut has a function. The manufacturing process was chosen for durability. Aesthetics does not compromise performance.
6. We do not use straps but flexible Buna-nitrile O-rings. They are durable and easy to replace. Their diameter is different according to the waller (A1 or A2 or A3). All wallets are supplied with 2 additional O-rings (optionally available in the options).
7. All wallets include an integrated bottle opener that does not compromise the primary intent of the wallet.
1 aluminum plate in the design of a minimalist wallet, devoid of anything superfluous and big enough for cards / (folded) banknotes. It includes a bottle opener and 2 spare O-rings (in addition to the 2 supplied).
■ Dimensions: 6.35 cm wide / 9.1 cm long / 0.16 cm thick
■ Weight: 20 grams
■ O-rings: 50A Buna hardness N ° 217
3 plates (1 classic + 2 triangles) in aluminum for more storage than the A1: a super compact design as main objective. Just big enough for folded cards and cash. It includes a bottle opener and 2 spare O-rings (in addition to the 2 supplied).
■ Dimensions: 5.8 cm wide / 9.6 cm long / 0.16 cm thick
■ Weight: 50 grams
■ O-rings: 50A Buna hardness N ° 224
3 plates (2 rectangular whole + 1 triangle)in aluminum: more security if you want some of your magnetic cards to be between the rectangular aluminum plates so that no contact is made (map of metro etc.). The triangular 3rd plate allows easy access to keep your notes and cards frequently used. Several configurations are possible. It includes a bottle opener and 2 spare O-rings (in addition to the 2 supplied).
■ Dimensions: 7 cm wide / 9.8 cm Length / 0.16 cm thick
■ Weight: 75 grams
■ O-rings: 50A Buna hardness N ° 227
You have questions ? Look at the FAQ tab on the left, otherwise place them in the "Discussions" tab on the left to benefit the entire community, we will respond as soon as possible !
Obstructures is committed to designing indestructible and minimalist aluminum products.
Design is problematic. Some claim that design is a problem-solving exercise. Obstructures states rather that design is problem-creating.
All design projects begin with a problem statement, and most of the problems we have are based on existing archetypes and why they are no longer satisfactory.
At Obstructures, we were concerned about how easy it is to lose papers. We were interested in the notion of "anchor point" to a substantial and indestructible element with a stripped aesthetic performance. With these questions on the table, we began to conceptualize and give life to unique products.
1. What is the differences between the wallets A1, A2 et A3?
Their dimensions, the number of plates and the format of the plates.
2. I lost the rubber elastic, how can I do?
Contact us at email@example.com, we will find a solution;)
The elastics sold in classic shops are different from ours, so they will not work well with your Obstructures wallet.
3. How long does the O-ring last?
Generally years (but it could happen that they snap in a few months depending on the use and constraints exerted), that is why we include free 2 additional O-ring.
4. What is the duration of the finish?
Our wallets are offered in multiple anodized aluminum finishes and raw bead-blasted titanium. Generally speaking, anodization is a durable coating but it is normal for the wallet to wear from repeated use. The hardcoat anodization we use (black and type III) are by far the most durable. But the clear anodized shows the least wear due to its similarity to the natural color of aluminum.
Our raw aluminum and bead-blasted titanium will show normal wear over use, but for the purist, they are the most ‘durable’ as every mark will simply reveal more of the element that lies beneath.
5. Why are there small blemishes on my wallet when I receive it?
The rubber o-rings can often leave residue on the plates. This is normal as they are coated in a preservative from the factory. To provide the customer with the ‘freshest’ of rings, we ship the rings with preservative intact. For the black and clear wallets simple hot water and soap will clean the plates and remove the white powdery/greasy coating.
6. Why does the edge of my bottle opener show wear over time ?
Since the wallet’s aluminum plates are softer than the steel of a bottle cap, it is inevitable that it will eventually show wear. We consider such marks to be a desirable ‘patina’. If you are concerned about maintaining perfect edges, it would be wise to consider the titanium version.
7. Can I purchase individual plates to customize my wallet?
These wallets and the corresponding o-rings have been designed and tested for a specific number of plates. While adding more plates is possible, it is not recommended unless you also consider the proper o-ring to handle the increased thickness and edge stress on the rings.
We are not able to tell you what o-ring to use for additional plates, as we have not done testing. In some cases the wallet simply will not function, such as adding additional plates to the A1, or a second rectangle for the A2.
8. Are all wallets RFID blocking (magnetic cards)?
Probably not. There’s no current standard governing RFID technology. But common sense says the card needs to be completely covered as the RFID chip has an antenna that generally wraps around the edge of the card. Our A3, B, and C wallets all include two rectangles that provide unbroken aluminum surfaces to protect your cards. The A1 and A2 do not.
9. Will the wallet wear out my pocket?
Putting metal in contact with cloth over long periods of time will undoubtedly cause wear. Since we have not tested the wallet with all fabrics, pocket sizes, fits, and seating surfaces, there is no way to provide any assurance as to how the wallet will affect your pants. However, we carry these wallets daily and our pants pockets remain intact.
10. Is the wallet hard to get out of my pocket?
No. The o-rings give it a slight amount of grip, keeping the wallet securely in your pocket. But not enough to keep you from pulling it out of your pocket easily. This is of course dependent on the material of the garment in question and the tightness of the pocket.
11. Where are the wallets made?
All of our laser cutting and anodizing is done in the Knoxville Tennessee area. We are proud to have a strong relationship with local manufactures and offer a product that is made in the United States. The o-rings however come from various sources both domestic and foreign.
You have questions ? Place them in the "Discussions" tab on the left to benefit the entire community, we will respond as soon as possible!
Shipped by Obstructures within 48 hrs.
Sent from USA by USPS First Class International Mail with tracking number.
Delivered in 2 weeks.
Delivery fees : 7€.
TIME AGREED TO RETURN
Right of withdrawal : 15 days from receipt of the order.
If the product is in its original packaging, it has not been used and that it is not damaged or broken. All accessories (and documentation) must be intact and present. The return costs are at the customers expense.
FREE RETURN WITH PAYPAL
We have thought of everything ! Pay with PayPal and enjoy free returns.
For any return request, contact the startup at firstname.lastname@example.org, they will communicate the steps as well as the return address.